If you have plans to clear out clutter, update, or remodel your Las Vegas home this summer, you’re going to need a way to carry the debris away. You could load it up into the back of a pickup truck and haul it away, but that’s time-consuming and expensive. A more economical, practical way to remove unwanted debris, however, is to rent a dumpster. But, before you do, you’ll want to learn a few things about dumpsters. Dumpsters of various sizes are available to rent from Lunas Construction for the summer months. When choosing a dumpster it’s important that it’s the right size for your needs, is capable of holding the materials you have to discard, and that it fits the worksite. Here are a few tips to help you choose the right dumpster this summer:
Determine the VolumeThe first thing to consider when renting a dumpster is how much you have to throw away. We have dumpsters with capacities ranging from 6 yards to 40 yards, so you can rest assured we have what you need. A good way to decide what size you need is to estimate the number of trash bags worth you’ll be discarding. Then, you can decide the size dumpster you need, typical dumpsters include:
- 10 Yard – (14′ x 7.5′ x 3.5′), holds 50-70 trash bags
- 15 Yard – (16′ x 7.5′ x 4.5′), holds 80-100 trash bags
- 20 Yard – (22′ x 7.5′ x 4.5′), holds 110-130 trash bags
- 30 Yard – (22′ x 7.5′ x 6′), holds 170-190 trash bags
- 40 Yard – (22′ x 7.5′ x 8′), holds 230-250 trash bags
Decide What’s Going in the DumpsterThe size dumpster you’ll need will also depend upon what you plan on throwing away. Typically, smaller dumpsters are used for lightweight household trash, but not heavy materials. If you need to discard building materials and other heavy items, a larger dumpster is going to be required. We suggest renting:
- A 6 to 12-yard dumpster to throw away common household items and trash.
- A 16 to the 20-yard dumpster to get rid of light to heavyweight construction materials and other heavy items.
- A 30 to the 40-yard dumpster for large amounts of lightweight items and materials.