(702) 644-6840
  • VIEW DASHBOARD

    		
  • Which Recycled Materials Have The Most Value?

    August 23, 2021

    In the course of the year, the average American produces over 1,700 pounds per year of trash. This equates to three times the global average. Excessive waste can be harmful to the environment if not taken care of correctly. That’s why it’s a good thing to recycle whenever we can. Recycling is more sustainable, less toxic to the environment, and helps reduce raw material costs for re-use. What many people don’t realize is that certain recycled materials can actually make you some extra cash. In this article, we will be looking at recycled materials and see which ones are the most valuable for re-use.

    Most Valuable Recycled Materials

    Aluminum Cans

    One of the most recyclable materials is aluminum cans. Aluminum cans are 100% recyclable and can be reprocessed time and time again. In terms of energy production, recycling aluminum is far superior to mining and processing it. Recycling aluminum cans used 95% less energy than producing new cans. Because of this, aluminum cans are considered one of the most valuable recycled items.

    Plastic Bottles

    Plastic bottles, also known as polyethylene terephthalate bottles, are found in water and soda bottles, detergents, and house cleaning bottles. In the United States, 1.5 billion pounds of this type of plastic is recycled on average and is considered the most commonly recycled plastic globally.  However, this only accounts for 20% of the total plastics used. The other 80% will usually end up in landfills. Recycling these plastics requires 33% less energy as opposed to producing new plastic materials. Although other recyclables may bring in more potential revenue, these plastics are the most commonly found recyclables in the U.S. today.

    Ink Cartridges

    If you do a considerable amount of printing, you may likely find a plethora of empty ink cartridges lying around. Those empty cartridges can easily be turned in and recycled for a little extra cash. But, unfortunately, creating these cartridges creates a massive carbon footprint and high levels of C02 production. What is even more unfortunate is the fact that 70-80% of empty ink cartridges will see a landfill after one use. This increases the hazardous waste materials in landfills and makes landfills much more toxic to human life. The good news is that these cartridges are in demand, and you can even receive up to $2 per cartridge at certain recycling outlets.  

    Metals

    Metal, more specifically scrap metal, is widely considered the most profitable material in regard to recycling. Of metal products, steel is the most commonly recycled metallic material. Metals to be recycled are commonly found in old household appliances, cars, and construction materials. Metals are easily recycled because they can be re-melted by electric arc or oxygen-based furnaces.

    How Lunas Inc Can Help

    Here at Lunas Inc, caring for the environment is one of our primary goals. As a result, we offer various recycling programs in the Southern Nevada area. Unfortunately, many facilities have problems figuring out the best possible way to properly dispose of their waste products. With the Lunas Recycling Program, we offer recycling options designed to make that process easier and simpler. Managing waste is highly important to companies for two reasons. 

    The first is that tracking the amount of waste and recycled material a company produces makes it easier to assess financial waste. The second is that tracking waste and recycling production allows companies to publicize their green initiatives to consumers and regulators. Managing and tracking waste enables companies to be more efficient and effective, both environmentally and economically. Lunas Inc is the company to use to help you achieve those improved results.

    Call Us Today For A Free Estimate

    Want to increase your company efficiency and decrease your environmental footprint? Contact Lunas Dumpsters today! Reach out to us, and we can get you on your way to a more clean and sustainable future. For a free estimate, call us at (702)-644-6840 or send us your info on our website at lunasinc.com/contact