Some projects like commercial construction, spring-cleaning, home remodeling, or decluttering a house generate excess waste. It’s challenging to manage such colossal waste without a suitable solution like a dumpster. You can rent a dumpster to boost your waste management ability temporarily. That said, the ideal dumpster should have the right size, be affordable, and from a reputable company. So, how do you choose the suitable dumpster among hundreds of companies offering the solution in Las Vegas? Let’s explore.
Types of DumpstersThere are two types, namely:
- Commercial Dumpsters: Commercial dumpsters are small, usually 2-8 cubic yards. A homeowner or a private company can hire this type for a temporary need. It also has a lid that keeps out rain, snow and prevents waste odor from escaping.
- Construction Dumpsters: They are relatively large, ranging from 10 to 40 cubic yards. They are more suitable for construction debris and other waste materials from large-scale operations. If you’re considering remodeling your kitchen, garage, or roof, a construction dumpster is the best alternative.
Factors to Consider When Selecting a Dumpster
Size of the DumpsterAssess the volume of the expected waste, which will guide you on the right size of dumpster to rent. The assessment will help you to select the right size to avoid wasting the dumpster capacity and spending more money than you should. Here’s a guide on different sizes:
- 40-Yard Dumpster: A 40-yard dumpster has a capacity of 12 pick-up trucks of waste. It’s ideal for industrial or large home projects like window or siding replacement for the whole house.
- 30-Yard Dumpster: This container is the optimal size for most renovation trash removal. It’s designed for medium-to-large projects.
- 20-Yard Dumpster: It holds an equivalent of 6 pick-up trucks of waste. A 20-yard dumpster is ideal for medium-sized projects like carpet removal, roof removal— with over 1500 feet— or deck removal.
- 10-Yard Dumpster: It holds a relatively small amount of waste and is ideal for small projects like remodeling and clean-ups.